Murder for Hire Mastermind Brought Back to Lubbock

Published 05/13 2014 05:33PM

Updated 05/13 2014 06:14PM

By: Meredith Hillgartner 
mhillgartner@klbk13.tv

LUBBOCK,TX- The man the Lubbock Sheriff's office said is in charge of a murder-for-hire plot, was brought back to Lubbock Tuesday. 

Adam Rico, 29, was arrested on May 7th at the Hampton Inn in Albuquerque, NM. He was extradited back to Lubbock and arrived just after noon. 

The target of Rico's plan was a Lubbock County Sheriff Deputy.  Lieutenant Bryan Taylor said the deputy had previously arrested Rico on drug and felony firearm possession charges. 

The man hired to do Rico's dirty work was Coty Garcia, 21. 

Garcia was arrested by the Lubbock Police Department's Gang Unit on unrelated charges.  Once in custody, Garcia told officers of the plan. He said Rico paid him $500 for the deed. 

Rico's bond has been sent at $5 million; his trial date has not been set. 



Copyright 2015 Nexstar Broadcasting, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.


.

Featured Business