- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 4 ounce can of green chilies
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 28 ounce can whole tomatoes, diced and drained
- 6 cups chicken broth
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- juice from 1/2 lime
- salt and pepper to taste
- 2 cups cooked diced chicken (Meagan uses rotisserie)
- On low heat, add the oil and saute the onions. Cook for 8 minutes and then add garlic. Move to high heat and add green chilies, cilantro, tomatoes, broth, cumin, sugar and lime juice. Bring to a boil and then reduce heat to simmer for 45 minutes.
- Add the cooked chicken and cook for an additional 15 minutes. Top with tortilla chips, cilantro and cheese.
For more yummy recipes, visit Meagan's blog: A Zesty Bite
Copyright 2015 Nexstar Broadcasting, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.