Evan?s Cranberry, Apple and Sausage Stuffing
- 1 1/2 cups cubed whole wheat bread
- 2 cups cubed white bread
- 2 cups cubed sourdough bread
- 1 pound sage pork sausage, ground
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 3/4 cup chopped celery
- 3 teaspoons sage
- 2 teaspoons rosemary
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 Golden Delicious apple, cored and chopped
- 3/4 cup dried cranberries
- 1/3 cup minced fresh Italian parsley
- 1 cup turkey stock
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- 1 egg, beaten
- Preheat oven to 350 degree F (175 degree C). Spread the bread cubes in a single layer on a large baking sheet. Bake for 5 to 7 minutes in the preheated oven, or until evenly toasted. Transfer toasted bread cubes to a large bowl.
- In a large skillet, cook the sausage and onions over medium heat, stirring and breaking up the lumps until evenly browned. Add the celery, sage, rosemary, and thyme; cook, stirring, for 2 minutes to blend flavors.
- Pour sausage mixture over bread in bowl. Mix in chopped apples, dried cranberries, and parsley. Drizzle with turkey stock, egg and melted butter, and mix lightly.
- Pour into 9x13? baking dish and cover with foil. Bake at 350 degree F for 45 minutes. Uncover and bake 10 to 15 more minutes.
Copyright 2016 Nexstar Broadcasting, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.