This works with legs, thighs or our favorite, wing drumettes.
- French the small end of the chicken and then push the meat up toward the larger end.
- Remove skin if desired and then season the meat with your favorite seasoning, we recommend The Outdoor Chef Southwestern Style Pork and Poultry Blend.
- Wrap with bacon and secure bacon with toothpick
- Place on cookie sheet
- Cook at 350 degrees till internal temp is 165 degrees, about 20 minutes for wings, 40+ for legs and thighs, turning once halfway through cooking.
- Remove, brush with your favorite sauce and enjoy!!
You can use a Jalapeno Cooker to set the chicken in or use a leg/wing rack to hang the pieces of chicken.
BANANAS WITH COCONUT-CARAMEL SAUCE AND CHOCOLATE CHIPS AND MARSHMALLOWS
For the coconut-caramel sauce: ? cup light brown sugar, 1 cup unsweetened coconut milk
1. Make the coconut-caramel sauce (can be done the day before. Combine the brown sugar and coconut milk in a heavy saucepan. Bring to a boil over medium heat, whisking to dissolve the sugar. Briskly simmer the mixture until thick, dark brown, and very flavorful, about 5 minutes, whisking often. Remove the pan from the heat and let the mixture cool to room temperature. Place the sauce in a deep bowl. It can be prepared up to a day ahead and refrigerated, covered. Let the coconut-caramel sauce come to room temperature before using.
3. Make a circle from foil to support the bananas. Cut out a V shape in each banana, fill with Chocolate Chips or Peanut Butter Chips and top with mini Marshmallows. Place the banana ?boat? on a cookie sheet in a 350 degree oven, cook till Marshmallows start to melt. Optional: brush with the coconut-caramel sauce or just enjoy without the sauce.
4. Transfer the bananas to a platter. Spoon the remaining coconut-caramel sauce when peeled. This is great with Vanilla Ice Cream!
10 hours ago
A mother is outraged with the Transportation Security Administration…