LUBBOCK, TX - As is tradition, many businesses and shops will close their doors on Thanksgiving, but there are a few choosing to welcome families during the busy holiday.
The following chain restaurants are expected to be on Thanksgiving: Applebee's, Buffalo Wild Wings, Cracker Barrel, Denny's, Furr's, IHOP, and Johnny Carino's.
Although few and far between, some local restaurants and venues will also be open on Turkey Day. 4ORE! Golf will also be open after 3 p.m. for food and games.
Executive Chef of the Overton Hotel, Douglas Noxon, shared that the hotel is expected to host more than 1,200 guests on Thursday.
"My schedule is very, very busy. We've got a pretty full house already for our Thanksgiving brunch," said Noxon. "That's how we do the holidays."
Noxon suggests for holidays like Thanksgiving to register for a spot in advance. The next brunch will be for their Christmas day celebration.
Other local restaurants keeping their doors open are: Nick's, Stella's, Rustler's Country Cafe (located inside the MCM Elegante), and Woody's Brick Oven Pizza and Grill.
Jacob and Lisa Hall, owners of Woody's, just recently opened their business and say they're looking forward to testing out the Thanksgiving crowd for the first time.
"We are a local mom and pop shop -- we're pretty much brand new to the scene so pretty much getting our feet wet," said Jacob Hall.
And although often times, working through the holidays means spending time away from family, the Halls say that won't be an issue this Thanksgiving season.
"Yeah, we are a family. As a family-owned operation, the family will be here. We'll be together, we'll just be trying to share some of that family time with the community."
Here is a list of restaurants that are scheduled to be open Thanksgiving 2017:
- Applebee's: 4025 S. Loop 289, open from 11 a.m. - 11 p.m.
- Buffalo Wild Wings: 6320 19th St., 7638 82nd St. and 8212 University Ave., open from 3 p.m. - 2 a.m.
- Cracker Barrel: 5018 Milwaukee Ave., open from 6 a.m. - 10 p.m.
- Denny's: 607 Ave. Q and 4718 Slide Road, open 24/7
- Furr's: 2817 S. Loop 289 and 6001 Slide Road, open from 11 a.m. - 6 p.m.
- IHOP: 1627 University Ave. and 3911 S Loop 289, open 24 hours
- Johnny Carino's: 6821 Slide Road, open at noon
- Lin's Buffet: 5608 Slide Road, open from 11 a.m. - 9:30 p.m.
- Nick's Sports Grill & Lounge: 9806 Quaker Ave., open at 5 p.m.
- Overton Hotel: 2322 Mac Davis Lane, open from 11 a.m. - 4 p.m.
- Rustler's Country Cafe (MCM Elegante): 801 Ave. Q, open from 11 a.m. - 2 p.m.
- Stella's: 4646 50th St., open from 9:30 a.m. - 3 p.m.
- Woody’s Brick Oven Pizza and Grill: 3135 34th St., open at 5 p.m.
- 4ORE! Golf: 6909 Marsha Sharp Freeway, open at 3 p.m.
Danny Storey with Slim Chickens of Lubbock stopped by the set of KLBK…
Lubbock firefighters responded to a different call of duty. After…
Who hasn't thought of themselves from time to time as a real piece of…