LUBBOCK, Texas – Texas Tech is looking to set a new national standard – in terms of attendance – as the University is on a quest to have 10,000 students in attendance on Tuesday when the Red Raiders host Kansas State at 6 p.m.
Texas Tech was named the top football student section in the Big 12 Conference by ESPN after setting multiple attendance records this past season. It is not the only attendance record students have set this year, as more than 4,000 students attended last Tuesday’s game against No. 8 Kansas.
Texas Tech Athletics, in conjunction with University officials, has created an atmosphere no student would want to miss. There will be over 30 prize packages awarded.
There will be a total of eight opportunities to win $10,000 or $10,000 towards a new vehicle courtesy of Reagor-Dykes Automotive. Other giveaways include gift cards from United Supermarkets, a trip with Red Raider Basketball to attend Texas Tech’s game with Kansas at Allen Fieldhouse, hotel and ticket packages to see Red Raider Football against Baylor in Arlington and TCU in Fort Worth, tickets to see the Texas Rangers, as well as a Dorm Challenge.
There will also be food and a live DJ for all 10,000 students in attendance.
· 4 – Half court shots or other contest to win $10,000
· 4 – Half court shots or other contest to win $10,000 toward a new vehicle at any Reagor-Dykes dealership
· 5 – $100 United gift cards
· 1 – A trip for two to Texas Tech’s game against Kansas at Allen Field House
· 2 – Four tickets and hotel for Red Raider Football vs. Baylor in Arlington
· 2 – Four tickets and hotel for Red Raider Football vs TCU in Fort Worth
· 5 – Four tickets to see the Texas Rangers on May 20
· Dorm Challenge – The dorm with the most students will receive a shopping spree for Under Armour gear using garage sale items
· Live DJ
· Food for 10,000 students