The Kickoff Breakfast will be held at the Covenant Lakeside Campus, Arnett Room, on Friday, March 28 at 7:30 AM. Special Guest Speakers will include Senator Robert Duncan, District Attorney Matt Powell, and Sheriff Kelly Rowe.
Following the breakfast, Covenant Children’s Hospital will host a continuing education Child Abuse Summit in the same location from 8:45 AM to 4 PM. Due to outstanding community response both events are currently sold out. For more information or to check if seats have opened up call (806) 725-3105 or email email@example.com.
The purpose of the Child Abuse Summit is to enhance clinicians’ recognition of child abuse, related to neglect, abuse, and sexual abuse, and to identify how to advance the reporting and treatment of child abuse during early warning signs. Featured speakers include Andy Bowman, MD; James Gutheil, MD; Matt Kliethermes, PhD; Donna Neel, RN; Patti Patterson, MD; Patricia Salazar, RN; Jonathan Skelton, MD; and Jeffrey Wherry, PhD.
Other upcoming Child Abuse Awareness Events include:
- South Plains CCAP Go Blue for Lubbock’s Children - Friday, April 4
- Children’s Advocacy Center's Stand Up for Kids - Saturday, April 5
- Family Guidance Center's Memory Ride & Candlelight Vigil - Sunday, April 6
- Region 17's Early Childhood Conference - Friday, April 11
- CASA's Tech Theta Color Dash - Saturday, April 19
- Family Guidance Center's Blue Ribbon Rally - Saturday, April 26
(Information from United Way of Lubbock)
Copyright 2016 Nexstar Broadcasting, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.