Two Dogs Escape House Fire Wednesday Morning in Central Lubbock

LUBBOCK, TX - Lubbock Fire Rescue was called at about 8:15 a.m. Wednesday to a house fire in the 2400 block of 35th Street. 

Smoke and flames were visible. 

Two eyewitnesses saw the fire and called for help.  One of them said the owner was not home at the time but two dogs were inside.  Both dogs got out safely after firefighters opened up the house and began extinguishing the fire.

An eyewitness said, "We're glad we saw the fire. We're grateful. We slept in yesterday, we're glad we were up early and we're able to help."

LFR later released this statement:

"At 8:14 a.m. this morning, units from LFR responded to 2404 35th for a reported structure fire. Units arrived to find a moderate amount of fire on the exterior of the residence. A search revealed no victims and some interior fire. It was also determined that the fire had spread into the attic and after some ceilings were pulled the attic fire was extinguished. Fire damage to the exterior and attic was extensive and one resident will be displaced. The Fire Marshal's Office responded and ruled the fire accidental and the cause was improper disposal of smoking materials. High winds contributed to the rapid spread of the fire."

 


More Stories

Don't Miss

Latest News