LUBBOCK, TX - JCPenney released a store closing list Friday morning which did not include the location in Lubbock. Nine stores in Texas will close – 138 locations nationwide.
In early March, Morningstar Credit Ratings listed Lubbock among the locations “most at risk” of closure. The South Plains Mall and JCPenney both referred to the Morningstar list as speculation.
As for the stores that did make the list, liquidation sales were scheduled to begin on April 17. Final closures were estimated to happen in June.
JCPenney said Friday, “Approximately 5,000 positions nationwide will be impacted by the store closures, most of which will occur in June.”
The Texas stores on the closure list are as follows:
- Athens Village Shopping Center (Athens TX)
- Borger Shopping Plaza (Borger TX)
- Heartland Mall (Early TX)
- El Paso Downtown (El Paso TX)
- Marshall Mall (Marshall TX)
- McAllen Downtown (McAllen TX)
- University Mall (Nacogdoches TX)
- King Plaza Shopping Center (Seguin TX)
- Bosque River Center (Stephenville TX)
CLICK HERE to see the entire list.
The chase began in Lubbock around 7:40 p.m. and ended in western…
The accident occurred around 11:30 p.m. along County Road 1600, near…
Stores are closing at an epic pace. In fact, the retail industry…