The Public Address Announcer will be responsible for reading all pre-game and in-game PA announcements as well as working closely with LISD game management to make the PlainsCapital Park – Lowrey Field game day atmosphere an exciting one for fans of Coronado, Estacado, Lubbock High and Monterey.
Potential candidates for these positions must exhibit the characteristics and skills consistent with LISD policies and procedures. While experience is certainly a plus for those interested in the positions, the following are key components of what the administration will be looking for in each candidate:
- Be available and willing to perform duties at ALL games scheduled for the high school for which candidate desires to represent, as well as possible post-season games
- Be comfortable speaking in front of large groups of fans
- Have the ability to display a clear speaking voice as well as being capable of accurately and articulately reading from any scripts provided
- Possess strong communication skills with the ability to multi-task
- Be a team player, self-motivated and enthusiastic, while also displaying a willingness to be concise and maintain composure when needed under potentially stressful situations
- Have a strong knowledge of football, including rules, positions and officiating signals
- Display a comfortable approach to announcing complex names from a variety of ethnic backgrounds
- Ability to be at the game site at a time designated by game administration and also be willing to attend any pre-season/pre-game meetings deemed necessary
- Be receptive to both positive and negative feedback
For those wishing to apply for the PA Announcer positions for the LISD football season, please send a letter of interest and resume’ to LISD Assistant Athletic Director, Mike Meeks: mikemeeks@LubbockISD.org. You must also go online and follow the “human resources/employment” link to fill out an employment application.
The deadline to apply for these positions will be Friday, July 11th. Interviews and tryouts will take place during July with a final decision scheduled for August 4th.
Copyright 2016 Nexstar Broadcasting, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.