The Lubbock event, one of a series of 16 town hall-style community conversations happening around Texas this summer, will feature a forum for local leaders, mental health professionals and people who have experienced living with mental illness to talk about the issue. The goal of the DSHS campaign is to raise awareness and reduce negative perceptions about mental illness and increase access to treatment and recovery for teens and young adults.
WHEN: Thursday, July 24 8:00 to 11:30 a.m.
WHERE: The Legacy Event Center 1500 14th St., Lubbock, TX 79401
WHO: The public is invited to attend. Speakers will include:
- Judge Drue Farmer, Lubbock County Court at Law 2
- George Comiskey, Associate Director, Texas Tech University Center for the Study of Addiction
- Annette Gary, PhD, RN, Associate CEO for Program Operations, StarCare Specialty Health System
- Lee Crosby, parent
- Glenda Mathis, Executive Director, YWCA of Lubbock
- Deborah Evans, Deputy Regional Director, DSHS Health Service Region 1
- Beth Lawson, Associate CEO for Administration, StarCare
- Cathy Pope, CEO, StarCare
VISUALS: Speak Your Mind Texas campaign materials, including video
(Press release from StarCare Lubbock)
Copyright 2015 Nexstar Broadcasting, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.