PLAINVIEW, TX (NEWS RELEASE) - The following is a news release from TxDOT:
Starting Monday, Nov. 27, the Texas Department of Transportation will begin its Bridge Maintenance and Improvement Program on Interstate 27 in Swisher and Hale counties. The bridge work will consist of concrete overlay, bridge joint replacement and concrete structural repair. The cross locations where repairs are scheduled to take place are:
- US 87 with BNSF Railroad in Swisher County
- South Tule Draw in Swisher County
- SH 194 with BNSF Railroad in Hale County
- US 70 in Hale County
Area motorists can expect nighttime closures from 10 p.m. to 6 a.m. at the following locations and dates:
- November 27 (Monday Night): US 70 at IH 27, closed
- December 7 (Thursday Night): I-27 over US 70, closed
- December 11 (Monday Night) US-70 at I-27, closed
- December 12 (Tuesday Night) US-70 and I-27, both closed
Work on this $7.5 million project is scheduled for completion in November 2018.
Please remember to slow down, pay attention in construction zones and be aware of the safety of construction workers. The Texas Department of Transportation appreciates your patience as crews work on these improvements.
For more information, contact Plainview Area Engineer Heath Bozeman at (806) 293-5484.
(News release from TxDOT, Lubbock District)
The incident was reported in the 100 block of West Jean Street around…
The accident occurred just after 4:00 a.m. in the area of 4th Street…
Texas Tech basketball's record has not only earned them a top ten…