To help students get in the spirit, Texas Tech Athletics, Tech Activities Board and the Center for Campus Life will host a Wreck ‘Em Rally on Saturday (Aug. 23) at Jones AT&T Stadium, featuring a message from Texas Tech head football coach Kliff Kingsbury, live music and movie night.
“As a part of Raider Welcome and a new student’s first weekend at Texas Tech, we are excited to provide this event as a fun, free and safe opportunity for students to experience university spirit and traditions,” said Amy Murphy, dean of students and managing director for Texas Tech’s Center for Campus Life. “The first few weeks at a new university can be overwhelming. We want students to have access to unique experiences unlike anything they could participate in outside of their new school. What better place to hang out late at night than Jones AT&T Stadium surrounded by other Red Raider students excited for the upcoming school year.”
A Texas Tech student I.D. is required for admission.
Wreck ‘Em Rally schedule of events:
- 7-8:30 p.m., RaiderGate, R1 Parking Lot: The event kicks off with Texas Tech’s official student tailgate, complete with inflatables, tailgate games, a DJ and Texas Tech’s new StrEat food truck.
- 9-10:30 p.m., Jones Takeover, Jones AT&T Stadium: Students can enjoy free food and giveaways, and also have the chance to take pictures on the field.
- 10:30-11 p.m., Wreck ‘Em Rally, Jones AT&T Stadium: Students will have the opportunity to learn game-day chants and traditions from the spirit squads, the Goin’ Band from Raiderland, and hear from Kingsbury and Texas Tech head soccer coach Tom Stone.
- 11 p.m. – Midnight, Jason Boland and the Stragglers, Jones AT&T Stadium: The Texas Country band will perform a private concert for students.
- Midnight – 2 a.m., Movie Night at the Jones, Jones AT&T Stadium: Wreck ‘Em Rally will finish with the new movie release “Draft Day” on the Jones AT&T Stadium video board.
For more information, visit Texas Tech’s Tech Activities Board website.
Find Texas Tech news, experts and story ideas at Texas Tech Today Media Resources or follow us onTwitter.
(Press release from Texas Tech University)
Copyright 2015 Nexstar Broadcasting, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.