Sloppy Joes (serves 8)
- 1 lbs Lean Ground Turkey
- 1 (15oz) can Red Kidney Beans (drain liquid if stove top cooking; liquid-in if Crockpot cooking)
- 1 cup Shredded Carrots
- 1 small Sweet Onion – chopped (~1 cup)
- 1/4 cup Ketchup – no added salt
- 1/2 cup Tomato Sauce – no added salt
- 2 tbsp Tomato Paste – no added salt
- 1 tsp Chili Powder
- 1 tsp Dry Mustard Powder
- 1 tbsp Garlic Powder
- 1 tbsp Worcestershire
- 8 Whole Wheat Hamburger Buns
- In a medium skillet, brown ground turkey with chili powder, mustard powder, garlic powder, and Worcestershire.
- Transfer to slow cooker and add in remaining ingredients (except Buns).
- Cook for a minimum of 2 hours and up to 6 hours.
- Serve on Whole Wheat Buns and enjoy!
1. In a medium skillet, cook ground turkey thoroughly until well done with chili powder, mustard powder, garlic powder, and Worcestershire.
2. Once turkey is cooked, add in reminding ingredients, cover and cook for ~20-25 minutes, stirring occasionally.
3. Serve on Whole Wheat Buns and enjoy!
Copyright 2016 Nexstar Broadcasting, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.