Baked Green Chili Pulled Pork Chimichanga
· Crockpot Pulled Pork
o 3 lbs Pork Shoulder – trimmed; bone in
o 1 cup 100% Orange Juice
o ½ cup 100% Grapefruit Juice
o 1 cup water
o 8 Whole Wheat or High Fiber Flour Tortillas
o 4 oz Chopped Green Chilies
o ¼ cup Salsa
o 1 cup Shredded Monterey Jack Cheese
o 1 oz packet Salt-free Taco Seasoning
Crockpot Pulled Pork -
1. Combine the orange and grapefruit juices and pork in a bowl. Cover and refrigerate overnight.
2. Drain pork and add it to the slow cooker along with the remaining ingredients.
3. Cook on high for 4 hours or until fork tender and your thermometer reads a minimum of 145°F.
4. While meat is still in the slow cooker, use two forks to pull meat off of the bone and shred the meat into pieces.
1. Preheat oven to 350°
2. Once you have “pulled pork” into small pieces, place pork in stove top pan with green chilies, salsa, and taco seasoning. Heat together until mixed well.
3. Take tortilla and fill with 1/8th of mixture. Add 1/8th cup of cheese and fold to where seam is facing down on baking sheet.
5. Garnish with desired toppings and enjoy!
Copyright 2015 Nexstar Broadcasting, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.