One-Pot Shrimp Pasta
· 12 oz Whole Wheat Linguine
· ½ lb frozen cooked Shrimp (thawed and drained)
· 1 (15oz) can No-added Sodium Diced Tomatoes (with liquid)
· 2 cups water
· 2 cups Low-Sodium Vegetable broth
· 1 sweet Onion – sliced
· 4 garlic cloves – peeled & sliced
· 2 tsp Dried Oregano
· 2 tbsp Olive Oil
· 2 sprigs Basil (~10 leaves)
· Fresh Parmesan for serving
1. Place pasta, tomatoes, shrimp, onion, garlic, and basil in a large stock pot. Pour in vegetable broth and water. Sprinkle on top the pepper flakes and oregano. Drizzle top with oil.
2. Cover pot and bring to a boil. Reduce to a low simmer and keep covered and cook for about 10 minutes, stirring every 2 minutes or so. Cook until almost all liquid has evaporated. Liquid will thicken upon sitting.
3. Prior to serving, add salt and pepper to taste along with a dash of fresh parmesan. Enjoy!
Copyright 2016 Nexstar Broadcasting, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.