Lubbock ISD Announces Free and Reduced Price Meal Information
The Lubbock Independent School District announced its policy today for providing free and reduced-price meals for children served under the attached current income eligibility guidelines. Each school/site or the central office has a copy of the policy, which may be reviewed by anyone on request. The Lubbock ISD campuses participating in the free and reduced program are:
Coronado, Monterey, Lubbock High, Talkington SYWL, Evans, Irons, Hutchinson, Honey, Miller, Roscoe Wilson, Smith, Waters and Whiteside.
Last week, Lubbock ISD began distributing letters to the households of the children in the district about eligibility benefits and any actions households need to take to apply for these benefits. Applications also are available at 2010 Cesar E. Chavez Drive or your student’s campus.
Criteria for Free and Reduced-Price Meal Benefits
The following criteria will be used to determine a child’s eligibility for free or reduced-price meal benefits:
1. Household income that is at or below the income eligibility levels
Categorical or Automatic Eligibility
2. Household receiving Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP), Temporary Assistance for Needy Families (TANF); or Food Distribution Program on Indian Reservations (FDPIR)
3. Child’s status as a foster child, homeless, runaway, migrant, or displaced by a declared disaster
4. Child’s enrollment in Head Start or Even Start
For those households that qualify for free or reduced-price meals based on income, an adult in the household must fill out free and reduced-price meal application and return it to Lori Torres, Free and Reduced Clerk, (806)219-0717. Those individuals filling out the application will need to provide the following information:
1. Names of all household members
2. Amount, frequency, and source of current income for each household member
3. Last 4 digits of the Social Security number of the adult household member who signs the application or, if the adult does not have a social security number, check the box for “I do not have a Social Security number”
4. Signature of an adult household member attesting that the information provided is correct.
Categorical or Program Eligibility
The Lubbock Independent School District is working with local agencies to identify all children who are categorically and program eligible. Lubbock ISD will notify the households of these children that they do not need to complete an application. Any household that does not receive a letter and feels it should have should contact Lori Torres, Free and Reduced Clerk, (806)219-0717.
Any household that wishes to decline benefits should contact Lori Torres, Free and Reduced Clerk, (806)219-0717.
Applications may be submitted anytime during the school year. The information households provide on the application will be used for the purpose of determining eligibility. Applications may also be verified by the school officials at any time during the school year.
Copyright 2015 Nexstar Broadcasting, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.