· 2-3 Medium-size Zucchini, cut into ~1/4 inch thick round slices
· 2 Large Bell Peppers, stem removed, cut lengthwise into strips
· 1 (15oz) Can Low-Sodium Black Beans, rinsed and drained
· 2 Small Tomatoes
· 1 Large Avocado
· 1 cup Reduced Fat Cheddar Cheese
· ½ Cup Mozzarella Cheese
· 1 Lime
· Olive Oil for baking
· Salt and Pepper to taste
· Preheat oven to 400
· Lightly drizzle or spray zucchini rounds and bell peppers with olive oil then season lightly with salt and pepper. Place on cooking sheet and bake for 7 minutes
· Place black beans on stove top with ¼ cup water over medium to heat while zucchini and peppers cook; stirring occasionally
· Remove zucchini & peppers from oven, top with cheese, and return to oven for ~1 minute, or until cheese is melted
· Remove from oven, place on platter or plates and begin to top with remaining ingredients (except lime)
· Squeeze fresh lime juice over nachos and serve immediately
If time: If chips are a must… an easy alternative to fried sodium-rich tortilla chips would be home-made Whole Wheat Tortilla Chips that can be thrown in the mix!
Made from just wheat tortillas, a little olive oil, dash of salt, and salt-free seasoning of choice
Bake at 350 for 7 minutes… flip… and bake for 7 more...ENJOY!
Copyright 2015 Nexstar Broadcasting, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.