Spinach and Ricotta Spaghetti Squash Casserole – (Serves 8)
· 1 large egg
· 4 cups baby spinach, chopped
· 1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
· kosher salt and black pepper
1. Heat oven to 400° F.
2. Puncture squash skin with knife several times for softer product. Place the squash flat-side down in large baking dish with ~1inch water, bake for 40 minutes.
3. Meanwhile, in a large bowl, combine the ricotta, egg, spinach, garlic, nutmeg, 1 teaspoon salt, and ⅛ teaspoon pepper.
4. With a fork, gently scrape out the strands of flesh and add to the ricotta mixture. Mix gently to combine.
5. Transfer the mixture to an 8-inch square baking dish, sprinkle with the mozzarella, and bake until browned and bubbling, 18 to 22 minutes.
Copyright 2015 Nexstar Broadcasting, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.