The Austin Cycling Association is revved for Bike to Work Day on May 17.
The bike club has set up six morning hubs, and four for the afternoon, where bicyclists can gather to kick off their commute, and get coffee, snacks and souvenir bags (freebies!).
AM HUBS: 7:00 to 9:30
Will offer breakfast, coffee, booths, mechanics, and souvenir bags.
- City Hall, 301 W 2nd St Austin, TX 78701
- City-Public Works, Cycle Track Dedication, 1st & Barton Springs
- Mueller, 4600 Mueller Blvd Austin, TX 78723
- Bouldin Creek Café with Please Be Kind To Cyclist, 1900 S 1st St Austin, TX 78704
- JuiceLand, 7329 Burnet Rd, Austin, TX 78757
- Wheatsville Coop, 3101 Guadalupe St. Austin, Tx 78705
PM HUBS 4:00 to 6:30
Will offer afternoon mechanics, snacks, beer & live music, remaining souvenir bags.
- Bicycle Sport Shop, ?517 South Lamar Boulevard Austin, TX 78704
- Mellow Johnny’s, 400 Nueces Street Austin, TX 78701
- Ozone Bike Dept With Austin’s Pizza, 3202 Guadalupe Street Austin, TX 78705
- Bike A lot, 4418 Pack Saddle Pass Austin, TX 78745
Find out more at the Austin Cycling Association website, where they’ll also psyche you up for the ride with a list of how you’ll be helping yourself and the environment when you commit to a fossil-free commute.
Oh, and you’ll be saving money, as much as $8,900 a year, the amount that AAA estimates is what you spend maintaining and gassing up a typical sedan.
If you want to know what might be in those souvenir bags, check out this year’s sponsors.