Atmos Energy Encourages Use of Carbon Monoxide Detectors

After a few recent events where people have been taken to the hospital for carbon monoxide poisoning symptoms, Atmos wants people to have a carbon monoxide detector on every floor.
By Monica Yantosh

LUBBOCK, TX -- After a few recent events where people have been taken to the hospital for carbon monoxide poisoning symptoms, Atmos wants people to have a carbon monoxide detector on every floor.  In the last month, there have been at least three different incidents where people have gone to the hospital, including two in the past week.

Because carbon monoxide is a colorless, odorless gas, Atmos said it's extremely hard to tell when there is a problem in a home, or high levels in the house.

Symptoms of carbon monoxide poisoning include headaches, dizziness, weakness, sleepiness, or vomiting, and in some cases, carbon monoxide poisoning can be deadly.

Marinda Heinrich with Atmos energy said it's very easy to get a carbon monoxide detector, and plug one in. She said they are affordable, and she recommends there being one on every floor in the house.

If you have concerns about a possible problem in your home, you can always call Atmos Energy's emergency hotline, at 1-866-322-8667. If you have the symptoms that go along with carbon monoxide poisoning, you should seek medical attention, and turn off whatever the appliance is you are worried about. You should also try to open as many windows in your home to get a flow of fresh air into the house.
Page: [[$index + 1]]
comments powered by Disqus

Most Recent Local News