Ford Motor Company is proud to announce the winners of the 2013 Built Ford Tough Texas High School Football Player of the Week Award for Week 2—among these talented student-athletes is Roosevelt’s Derek Coppedge. These six Built Ford Tough gridiron heroes are being honored both for their performance on the field and their leadership off the field. Each week of the regular high school football season will see a new winner in the sports’ six classifications, all with hopes of becoming the Built Ford Tough Texas High School Player of the Year.
Week 2 winners:
· Class 5-A: Desmon White, Sr., QB, DeSoto
· Class 4-A: Orly Solis, Sr., RB, Roma
· Class 3-A: Chris Keesee, Sr., QB, Brownwood
· Class 2-A: Derek Coppedge, Sr., QB, Lubbock Roosevelt
· Class 1-A: Jalen Garza, Sr., QB/DB, Anson
· Private Schools: John Caldwell, Sr., WR, Dallas St. Mark’s School of Texas
Please join us in congratulating these outstanding young athletes, and feel free to share this story with your high school football fans. The announcement with more details is below. If you would like a photo or more information, please let me know.
Copyright 2013 Nexstar Broadcasting, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.