Chipotle Black Bean Burger
- 1 ½ can Low Sodium Black Beans – rinsed and drained
- ½ cup Quinoa
- ½ cup Bread Crumbs or Oats
- ¾ cup Sweet Corn
- ¼ cup diced Bell Peppers
- 1 Egg
- 1 Garlic Clove – minced
- 1 tsp Chipotle in Adobo Sauce – chopped
- 1 tsp Adobo Paste (from chipotle can)
- ¼ cup Cilantro
- 1 ½ tsp Cumin
- 1 tbsp Olive Oil
- Preheat the oven to 400° F
- Place the quinoa in a small saucepan along with 1 cup of water. Bring the water to a boil then reduce heat to medium low and cover the pan. Cook 10 to 15 minutes until the water is absorbed and quinoa is cooked. Remove from heat.
- Heat the oil in a small sauté pan over medium heat and add the garlic, corn, and chopped peppers. Sauté until peppers are softened, 5 to 6 minutes. Place the mixture into a large bowl. Add 1 can of black beans to the bowl and, using a potato masher or fork, mash all of the ingredients together until a pasty mixture forms. Stir in the remaining beans along with the egg, cilantro, chipotles, and cumin. Stir in the cooked quinoa and bread crumbs until evenly distributed.
- Form the mixture into 6 equal patties, compacting them well with your hands as you form them. Place the patties on a baking sheet, cover them with plastic wrap, and refrigerate for at least a few hours or overnight.
- Spray a baking sheet with nonstick cooking spray and place the patties on the sheet. Cook 10 to 12 minutes, until the patties are golden brown and crispy, then carefully flip them over and cook another 10 minutes.