From Nicole Radina:
· The Bair Foundation has been around since 1967 and a lot of people in our community are not aware of our agency. Raising awareness of the “out of control” growing need for foster families.
· Need for teen homes or families that are willing to foster a teen. There are over 400,000 children in the US in the system. 42% of those children are over the age of 10. I have a short quote from a teen I would like to read.
· Our orientation training, also known as the GSP (Group Study Process), is a place where people can come to get more information regarding foster care, ask questions and learn more about how the process works. Our next training is February 6th and 7th at 6:00pm at our office. (3411 73rd St. Lubbock TX) People can also follow us on facebook to see calendar of upcoming trainings.
· Important to attend the GSP to address doubts and fears people experience when first considering fostering. The Bair Foundation works closely with our families to assure that each placement is carefully considered and we compare the needs of each child with the strengths and skills of each foster home. Ultimately the decision to accept a placement is the foster parents.
· The Bair Foundation is not just an organization, but we are a family. Living life together to ensure the safety of children and that each child learns one of the most important lessons in life, “I matter.” The Bair Foundation is “Serving America’s Orphans.”
www.bair.org; also like us on facebook “Lubbock Bair Foundation”