LFD says the fire started with discarded cigarettes outside of an apartment unit.
An apartment fire started at The Park Apartments just after 6:30 Tuesday evening.
LFD says initial investigations lead them to believe a cigarette was not properly discarded accidentally onto a patio couch outside of one of the apartment complexes.
There are no reported injuries and they do not believe any criminal activity was involved.
Copyright 2013 Nexstar Broadcasting, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.