At 9:45 AM, Lubbock Fire and Rescue was called out to a gas leak at the 2200th block of Broadway.
An LP&L truck accidentally punctured a two inch gas line while trying to put up a new power pole.
Broadway and Main St. were shut down from University to Avenue U until a little after noon.
Crews from Atmos Energy were called out, and managed to isolate the leak.
The Combest Funeral Home next door had to be evacuated.
Fortunately, they were the only ones. Lubbock Fire says the strong wind today helped to quickly dissipate gas in the air. The other nearby buildings all appear vacant, and no other businesses were affected.