Slaton Grease Fire Displaces Two People

Firefighters were called to the scene of an apartment fire Tuesday at about 1:00 PM.
By James Clark

SLATON, TX -- Slaton firefighters were called to the scene of an apartment fire Tuesday at about 1:00 PM.  A unit of the Southern Cross Apartment suffered fire and smoke damage. 

Officials say it started as a grease fire and the resident poured water on it.  That only made the fire bigger.  Experts say the proper way to handle a pot or pan with burning grease is to cover it with a lid.  Never pour water on it.

Two people will be temporarily homeless due to smoke damage but no one was injured.  The Red Cross was called in to help the two residents.
 
Page: [[$index + 1]]
comments powered by Disqus