STOP SENIOR HUNGER SEPTEMBER
One in every nine seniors is at risk of hunger. Chances are, it affects someone you love - even a parent, grandparent or spouse. Comfort Keepers franchises across the country are uniting to create a voice for this epidemic and raise awareness for the importance of senior hunger and malnutrition. This initiative supports Comfort Keepers’ goal to improve the quality of life for seniors and help them maintain healthy, independent lives.
Comfort Keepers of Lubbock is partnering with Lubbock Meals on Wheels (LMOW) to distribute senior nutritional information and feed seniors in the Lubbock Meals on Wheels weekend meals bag program. These seniors have no other means to obtain weekend food other than that provided through Lubbock Meals on Wheels.
Goals: 1) Raise awareness about the growing epidemic of malnutrition that impacts millions of
2) Provide senior nutrition handouts through www.comfortkeepers.com/Lubbock-tx for
churches, companies, organizations and individuals to print out and share with
seniors and families of seniors
3) Collect specific food items to fill 5000 bags for LMOW weekend meals bag program
How can our company/organization help STOP Senior Hunger?
· Conduct a food drive for specific items listed below and deliver to LMOW office at end of drive.
· Donate food items outside Wal-Mart at 82nd and Milwaukee & 4th & Frankford on Sat., Sept. 14th.
· Include a STOP Senior Hunger flier, article, website or information in upcoming company/organization newsletters, email campaigns, etc.
· Add paid PSA’s or ads for Stop Senior Hunger to your company’s September radio/TV, newspaper or billboard advertising schedules.
· Print and distribute copies of senior nutrition handouts for your own employees/organization members.
· “Adopt” weekend meals bags* at $15 each with checks made out to
Lubbock Meals on Wheels or provide media/publicity sponsorship dollars.
· Media: Run PSA’s, articles and/or interviews.
Copyright 2013 Nexstar Broadcasting, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.
Page: [[$index + 1]]