Texas Tech University Women’s Studies Program announced its schedule of events for the 2013 fall semester.
The Women’s Studies Program is an interdisciplinary academic program that offers co-curricular events throughout the semester, examines the culture and social construction of gender, explores the history of women, and studies the influences of gender on the lives of women and men. Its mission is to emphasize critical thinking across disciplines vital to success through this program.
The schedule is as follows:
· Sept. 11: Brown Bag Lunch Series: “Rethinking Women’s and Gender Studies”
· Sept. 13: Conference Prep Workshop
· Oct. 11: Brown Bag Lunch Series: “Transforming Scholarship: Why Women’s and Gender Studies Students are Changing the World”
· Oct. 14 Conference Prep Workshop
· Oct. 17 Guest Scholar Dr. Gayle Sulik, author of Pink Ribbon Blue: How Breast Cancer Culture Undermines Women’s Health
· Oct. 25: Gender and Gender Identity Colloquium
· Oct. 1- Nov. 10: Hands of Hope Collection Drive
· Nov. 8: Conference Prep Workshop
· Nov. 10: Brown Bag Lunch Series: “Women’s Studies on the Edge”
For more information on Women’s Studies Program and these events, visit www.depts.ttu.edu/wstudies and on Twitter @TTUWSP.