Spinach and Ricotta Spaghetti Squash Casserole – (Serves 8)
· 1 large egg
· 4 cups baby spinach, chopped
· 1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
· kosher salt and black pepper
1. Heat oven to 400° F.
2. Puncture squash skin with knife several times for softer product. Place the squash flat-side down in large baking dish with ~1inch water, bake for 40 minutes.
3. Meanwhile, in a large bowl, combine the ricotta, egg, spinach, garlic, nutmeg, 1 teaspoon salt, and ⅛ teaspoon pepper.
4. With a fork, gently scrape out the strands of flesh and add to the ricotta mixture. Mix gently to combine.
5. Transfer the mixture to an 8-inch square baking dish, sprinkle with the mozzarella, and bake until browned and bubbling, 18 to 22 minutes.