Maple Pecan Pie Tarts
· 1 refrigerated pie crust
· 1/3 cup finely chopped pecans
· 1/3 cup firmly packed brown sugar
· ¼ cup maple syrup
· 1 egg, lightly beaten
· 1 egg white
· 1 tsp vanilla extract
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Spray 2 - 12-cup mini muffin pans with nonstick cooking spray.
4. Using a small round ramekin or small round cookie cutter, cut out 24 mini pie crusts. You will likely need to take scraps, roll back into a ball, and re-flatten out to form more mini pie crusts.
5. Press mini pie crusts into muffin tin.
6. For the filling, sprinkle chopped pecan pieces into each muffin cup.
7. Combine brown sugar, maple syrup, egg and egg white, and vanilla extract into a small bowl. Mix well.
8. Divide mixture among the muffin cups.
9. Bake tarts in oven for 18-20 minutes, until pastry is golden and filling is bubbly.