DALLAS (NEXSTAR) — The only thing bigger than Texas might be the personalities of the hosts for this year’s Lone Star NYE 2023 program from Dallas.
Before ringing in the new year with a special program on December 31 at 11:30pm CT, we want you to get to know the hosts. We asked each of them the same four questions:
D.J. Williams, Morning Show Host/Sports Anchor at KARK in Little Rock, AR
- What’s your favorite thing about NYE? The countdown!
- New year’s resolutions: Yes or No? Yes, but they typically don’t last long!
- One thing people may not know about you: Favorite hobby is playing the piano.
- Pick two words to describe your personality: Eccentric and unpredictable.
Katy Blakey, Anchor/Reporter at KXAS in Dallas, TX
- What’s your favorite thing about NYE? The fireworks, of course! Watching a fireworks show brings out the kid in all of us. Also, I love when a crowd busts out singing “Auld Lang Syne” even though no one really knows the words.
- New year’s resolutions: Yes or No? YES! For the last few years I’ve resolved to cook more. I start off great by cooking black-eyed peas for good luck New Year’s Day… and then it’s all downhill from there
- One thing people may not know about you: Weirdly good at board games. Invite me over for game night!
- Pick two words to describe your personality: Enthusiastic Texan – that says it all, right?
Be sure to tune in Saturday at 11:30 p.m. to see Katy and D.J. in action as they host Lone Star NYE across more than 20 television markets in six states.