LUBBOCK, Texas — After two sheriff’s deputies were stabbed, the Lubbock County Sheriff’s Office issued an update and an image of the suspect.
Miko Devon Butler was arrested late Saturday night.
Two Deputies Attacked, Related Stories:
- Two officers stabbed Saturday evening along South Loop, eyewitnesses say
- Deputies stabbed with knife, suspect info released by LCSO
- Man arrested after search for suspect accused of stabbing, wounding two officers
- LCSO provides update on condition of deputies stabbed in Saturday incident
- Shoplifting led to attack on two officers, warrant said, suspect recognized by his own grandmother
Prior to the arrest, the following was a statement provided by LCSO.
At Approximately 6:40 p.m. two Lubbock County Sheriff’s Deputies were stabbed near the Walmart at Quaker & South Loop.
Lubbock County Sheriff’s Office, along with the Lubbock Police Department are on scene investigating the stabbing of two Sheriff’s Deputies.
At this time both deputies have been transported to a nearby hospital, where the extent of their injuries are unknown.
The suspect is still at large, described as a black male, around 5’8 wearing a Gray shirt, black pants. The suspect was last seen running Northbound across South Loop. We will update as more information is available. Local law enforcement were able to obtain a photo of the suspect.
Local law enforcement were able to obtain a photo of the suspect. If you have any information, please call Crime Line at 741-1000. Callers can remain anonymous.
We will update as more information is available.