HOUSTON, Texas (KIAH) It’s only been ten days since Hurricane Ida devasted the Louisiana coast. The storm slammed into Louisiana before moving up across the country, leaving a path of destruction. CW39 Meteorologist Star Harvey gives us a look at some of the shocking numbers from Ida.
- Federal court dismisses lawsuit in Willie B. Smith death penalty case, execution to move forwardBIRMINGHAM, Ala. (WIAT) — A federal court has dismissed a lawsuit by death row inmate Willie B. Smith that was set for trial in 2022. Smith’s suit was dismissed on jurisdictional grounds in a ruling issued Friday by Judge Emily Marks. It claimed that Smith’s rights under the Americans with Disabilities Act were violated when […]
- Former Texas Tech, Estacado pitcher AJ Ramos called up by AngelsLOS ANGELES — Lubbock native and former Texas Tech pitcher A.J. Ramos returned to MLB Thursday when the Los Angeles Angels called him up from AAA. 2021 will be Ramos’ ninth year in the major leagues, but he’s pitched just 2.2 innings since 2018. He began his career with the Miami Marlins and ascended to […]
- Family pet attacked by neighbor’s dog, Lubbock woman stuck with $600 vet billLUBBOCK, Texas– A Central Lubbock resident was seeking answers Friday after photos she provided to EverythingLubbock.com show a gruesome attack on her pomeranian chihuahua dog, Ranger The resident, Chelsey Zahn, told EverythingLubbock (ETL) that the attack occurred in the 1900 block of 71st Street when her next door neighbor’s dog got into their enclosed front […]
- Substance believed to be meth in motel’s water supply was saltPORTALES, N.M. (KRQE) – What police at first believed was methamphetamine in a motel’s water supply has turned out to be salt. The Portales Police Department started investigating after reports a crystal-like substance came out of a faucet and hit a customer in the eye at the Super 8 on Highway 70. A similar substance was found in a […]
- Texas Tech soccer routs Oklahoma 7-0LUBBOCK, Texas — Texas Tech soccer opened Big 12 play with a bang Thursday, beating Oklahoma 7-0. It took little time for the onslaught to commence. The Red Raiders scored twice in the first eight minutes of the game. Macy Schultz chased down a long pass from goalkeeper Madison White and scored it for the […]