A local business is trying to get back on it’s feet after losing their venue and equipment in a fire Wednesday night.
The owners of “Happy’s Shaved Ice And Bubble Tea” said one of the ice machines suddenly turned itself on, and eventually caught the building on fire.
“We have no idea how that happened,” said Tyler Griffis, co-owner of Happy’s. “The fire Marshall confirmed that the machine was off when it was on fire, and so it’s just really confusing.”
Surveillance footage captured the moment when the machine burst into flames, causing an estimated $150,000 worth of damages to the business.
“It knocked the breathe out of us, just to see what has happened to our livelihood,” Griffis said. “Had it burned any longer than it did, we wouldn’t even have a building to repair.”
The owners are now selling “Save Happy’s” T-shirts, trying to fundraise their way back into business. If successful, Griffis said they will probably be able to re-open in three months.
“We’re not giving up, this community has supported us so much along the way,” Griffis said. “Already the outreach has been unbelievable and we are so thankful to everyone.”
If you would like to make a donation or buy a “Save Happy’s” T-shirt, you can HERE.