LUBBOCK, Texas – Julio Jimenez was arrested and charged with Aggravated Assault in connection to a New Year’s shooting in Southwest Lubbock that left a man with serious injuries, according to a press release from the Lubbock Police Department.
According to the press release, officers responded to the 5000 block of Frankford Avenue just before 2:00 a.m. on New Year’s Day in reference to shots fired.
Police located 43-year-old Jose Ramirez with serious injuries. Ramirez was sent to Covenant Medical Center via ambulance.
The press release said that through the initial course of the investigation, “due to the presence of an off-duty peace officer from another jurisdiction working security at the involved business, the Metropolitan Special Crimes Unit took over the case.”
EverythingLubbock.com previously reported that LPD asked for the public’s help in locating Jimenez in a social media post, as they believed he was in Lubbock.
According to the social media post, Jimenez was wanted by law enforcement in Grayson County for failing to appear in court for his original charge of possession of a controlled substance, a felony charge.
The U.S. Marshals Lone Star Fugitive Task Force arrested Jimenez without incident around 3:00 p.m. Tuesday in Seguin, Texas, according to the press release.
The press release said the investigation was ongoing.
See below for the full press release.
(LUBBOCK, TX) – A male is in custody, charged with Aggravated Assault, in connection to a New Year’s shooting in Southwest Lubbock that left a 43-year-old man with serious injuries.
Julio Jimenez was taken into custody on January 17, at 3:00 p.m. in Seguin, Texas, without incident, by the US Marshals Lone Star Fugitive Task Force.
Lubbock Police Officers were initially called to the 5000 block of Frankford Avenue at 1:53 a.m. on January 1, for reports of shots fired.
Upon arrival, officers located 43-year-old Jose Ramirez with serious injuries. He was transported to Covenant Medical Center via ambulance.
Through the initial course of investigation, due to the presence of an off-duty peace officer from another jurisdiction working security at the involved business, the Metropolitan Special Crimes Unit took over the case.
The investigation is ongoing.