LUBBOCK, Texas — On Thursday, the Lubbock Police Department released a portion of the audio from the 911 call made by Trevor Marquis Rowe, 27, when he found 10-month-old Marion Jester-Montoya unresponsive.
Rowe was charged with capital murder in the death of Marion on Wednesday after a warrant said he put her in a backpack and left her in his car for an extended period of time.
In the call, Rowe said he was at 113th Street and Upland Avenue. Police said the location was actually 130th and Upland.
Use the video player above to hear the audio. App users might need to CLICK HERE for a better view of the player.
RELATED STORY LINKS:
- Little girl stuffed in backpack, dies in car. Lubbock man charged with capital murder
- Man accused of stuffing baby into backpack had a previous arrest for abandoning 2 children
- Lubbock Police statement after small child stuffed in backpack and killed
- Image gallery of Marion Jester-Montoya
- Family of girl killed in backpack speaks out