This is a news release from the city of Lubbock.
The City of Lubbock has confirmed three additional cases of novel Coronavirus (COVID-19) as of 2:30 p.m. on March 21, 2020. With the increased availability of testing through private laboratories, new cases are being identified in the area. All three of these cases were tested at the UMC drive-thru. The total number of cases in Lubbock County is eight plus one additional out of county case. The Health Department has updated its case reporting to separate Lubbock County residents from out of county investigations. The City of Lubbock Health Department and other response agencies are prepared and have employed standard response plans designed to address and resolve public health issues. The Department will continue monitoring individuals as indicated by the CDC. The Department’s disease surveillance team will continue working diligently to ensure the public remains at a low risk of contracting COVID-19.
The City of Lubbock Health Department and our health care partners will continue to monitor COVID-19 in the Lubbock area to prepare for the possibility of more local cases. Please continue to follow proper hygiene recommendations and social distancing practices.
This was a news release from the city of Lubbock.
The city also confirmed new possible community exposure sites with Saturday’s new cases. Here is the current list of possible exposure sites in Lubbock County:
- March 14 Sunset Church of Christ — Graduation Ceremony
- March 15 Lubbock Preston Smith International Airport between 8:45 pm to 9:15 pm
- March 15 Roses Café at 4th and Quaker from 9:30 pm until close (11:00 pm)
- March 16 Walmart Frankford and Loop 289 between 9:30 am and 11:00 am
- March 16 Hobby Lobby 76th Street between 9:30 am to 11:00 am
- March 16 Market Street Quaker and 19th Street between 9:30 am and 11:00 am
- March 16 Dollar General 5004 34th Street between 2:00 pm and 3:00 pm
- March 13 One Guy from Italy on 50th from 11:30 am to 12:00 pm
- March 16 Rudy’s South Loop 289 – 6:30 pm to 8:30 pm
- March 16 Blazing Bouncers, 11401 Hwy 87 from 4:00 pm to 6:00 pm
- March 17 Rosa’s Café on 50th from 11:30 am to 12:00 pm
- March 18 Mama Rita’s Slide and Loop 289 from 11:30 to 12:00 pm