LUBBOCK, Texas— The fall season is officially here, and Halloween is around the corner! Take a look at October 2022 events happening in Lubbock and its surrounding areas.
- Brownfield News announced the 5th annual Trick or “Tractor Treat” will take place at the Farmhouse Vineyards on Saturday, October 29 from 4:00 p.m. to 7:00 p.m.
- The Buffalo Springs Lake Volunteer Fire Department will host its annual hayride on Friday, October 28.
- According to its official Facebook page, the Assiter Punkin Ranch will be open from 8:00 a.m. – 6:00 p.m. Monday through Friday and 1:00 p.m. – 6:00 p.m. on Sunday.
- Downtown Levelland will be hosting its annual event on Monday, October 31 from 6:00 p.m. – 8:00 p.m.
- The At’l Do Farms and corn maze will be open until Saturday, November 5, according to its website. The maze is closed on Mondays and will be open from 6:00 p.m. – 9:00 p.m. on Thursday through Friday, 10:00 a.m. through 9:00 p.m. on Saturdays, and 2:00 p.m. – 9:00 p.m. on Sundays.
- According to its official Facebook page, Nightmare on 19th Street will be open 7:30 p.m. – 10:30 p.m. on Fridays and Saturdays and 7:30 p.m. – 10:00 p.m. on Sundays and will close on Monday, October 31.
City of Lubbock Municipal Court Trunk or Treat
- The Lubbock Municipal Court along with the City Prosecutors Office will host a trunk or treat at their new office next to Citizens Tower on October 27 from 6:30 to 8:30 p.m. The Lubbock Police Department and Lubbock Fire Rescue will also be present at the event.
Lubbock Symphony Orchestra
- The Lubbock Symphony Orchestra (LSO) will have its annual “Maestro Mash” on October 31 at 6:00 p.m at The Buddy Holly Hall of Performing Arts and Sciences. It will begin with pre-concert activities and games. At 7:00 p.m. the orchestra will perform a “delightfully spooky program.” The event is free, but LSO asked that tickets be reserved so there are enough goodie bags for children.
Trunk or Treat, Cooper Methodist Church
- Cooper Methodist Church located on 16612 Loop 493 said it will have a Trunk or Treat with an obstacle bouncy house from 5:00 to 7:00 p.m. on Monday, October 31. The church is located two blocks south of Cooper High School on the US Highway 87 access road.
Catholic Charities Diocese of Lubbock – Family Fall Fest
- If you stop by the Catholic Charities Resale Center you can expect goodies, hayrides and more fun activities it is planning. Catholic Charities’ event will be Friday, October 21 from 5:30 to 7:30 p.m. The resale center is located on 1505 34th Street.
Trunk or Treat, Lubbock Redeemer Lutheran Church
- Lubbock Redeemer Lutheran Church will host a Trunk or Treat Sunday, October 30 from 6:00 p.m. to 8:30 p.m. There will be games & prizes, snacks and refreshments as well as a prayer request table. The church is located in the Heart of Lubbock at 2221 Avenue W.
84 Lumber, Trunk or Treat
- On Sunday October 30, from 2:00 to 5:00 p.m., 84 Lumber located at 102 E 50th Street will host a Trunk or Treat. There will be free hot dogs, chips and drinks. But if that’s not your cup of tea, The Spud Truck and Texas Mac Shack will be available for purchase.
Trick-or-treating event, Ventura Homes
- On 128th Street in Hatton Place (a new development), Ventura Homes will host a trick-or-treating event Wednesday, October 27 from 5:00 to 7:30 p.m. Candy will be handed out and open houses will be held at 3704, 3705, 3716 and 3717 128th street. Some homeowners on 128th street will also pass out candy, Ventura Homes said.
- Fraternity and Sorority Life will host their will host their annual “Trick or Treat on Greek Street” community event on Sunday, October 30 from 2 p.m. – 4 p.m. at Greek Circle which is located at 15th Street and Quaker Avenue.
- Texas Tech’s Student Union & Activities will host its annual Halloween carnival Tech-or-Treat on Tuesday, October 25 from 5 p.m. – 9 p.m. in the Student Union Building. The event is open to the public, and families are encouraged to bring gently used children’s books to donate to The Parenting Cottage.
Lubbock Christian University – Trunk or Treat, Dia De Los Muertos
- LCU’s Student-Athlete Advisory Committee said it will host family-friendly Halloween events on Sunday October 30 from 4:00 to 6:00 p.m. There will be a Trunk or Treat at the RIP Griffin Center at 5502 26th Street and a Dia De Los Muertos cultural celebration hosted by the Art Department in the art studio at 3202 A. Eileen Blvd, a press release said.
UMC Children’s Hospital – Trunk or Treat
- Dress up your kids for some trick or treat fun at UMC Children’s Hospital. The event will take place October 27 from 5:00 p.m. to 7:00 p.m. in the Business and Technology Center parking lot on 309 North Slide Road. There will be face painting bounce houses, and food trucks on site.
Monterey Church – Special Needs Trunk or Treat
- A drive-thru sensory friendly Halloween event will happen on October 29 at Monterey Church, 6111 82nd Street from 4:00 to 6:00 p.m., presented by PALS Home Health.
- Texas Tech student organizations Raider Power of Paranormal and the Veteran’s Association will be guiding attendees on a journey through campus with a cast of storytellers weaving a spooky tapestry of Texas Tech’s history. The stories told range from urban legends passed down from generation to generation to real-life tragedies. The tour starts at 8:00 p.m. and will end at midnight on Friday, Oct. 28. The cost to attend is $5 and free for kids ages 3 and under. Tickets will be sold at the event.
Broadview Baptist Church – Fall Festival
- Broadview Baptist Church, 1302 N Frankford Ave, Lubbock, will host their annual fall festival on Monday, October 31, from 6 to 8 pm. Hayrides, bounce houses, cake walk, games, candy, Kona Ice Truck ($), and Horseback riding ($5). All free except the horseback riding and Kona Ice Truck.
- The City of Plainview announced the Junior Service League of Plainview will host the annual “Trick or Truck” on Saturday, October 22 at 11:00 a.m. A social media post said the event will include a live helicopter landing as well as allowing kids and their families to sit in all kinds of vehicles.
- The parade was announced to take place on Saturday, October 22 at 9:00 a.m. It will go down Farmer’s Market to Main Street and end at Friendship Middle School. The festival was scheduled to take place from 9:00 a.m. to 2:00 p.m.
If you have an event you would like to add to the list send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org.