LUBBOCK, Texas – Multiple agencies were dispatched to the scene a major crash just north of Lubbock Preston Smith International Airport Saturday morning.
UPDATED Story Link: Lubbock firefighter, police officer killed while working crash on Interstate 27
Related Story Link: Watch replay, press conference — Lubbock first responders killed in crash
The accident was reported in the area of Interstate 27 and Drew Street (Farm-to-Market Road 1294) around 8:50 a.m.
Emergency radio traffic reported several injuries at the scene, including two LFR firemen and an LPD police officer.
Interstate 27 was shut down in the area of the crash.
Traffic was diverted onto the frontage roads.
We’re told emergency crews were already on the scene for an earlier crash when the second crash occurred.
This is a developing story and will be updated as additional information is released.
- Several injuries reported in major crash Saturday morning in far North Lubbock
- Lubbock firefighter, police officer killed while working crash on Interstate 27
- Watch replay, press conference — Lubbock first responders killed in crash
- Reaction from others: LFR and LPD officers killed in crash Saturday morning
- LPD and LFR Release Names of Killed and Injured First Responders