LUBBOCK, Texas (NEWS RELEASE) — The following is a news release from the City of Lubbock:
Can you make a piece of art using items headed for the trash? Or can you take something broken and make it new and beautiful? Then the Keep Lubbock Beautiful art contest is the challenge for you!
Keep Lubbock Beautiful’s annual educational campaign is an effort to address litter in Lubbock. All it takes is for each of us to remember to pick up after ourselves and encourage others to do the same.
This year’s theme is Reducing, Reusing and Recycling.
- Participation: Open to all ages, K-12th grade
Applicants will fit into one of the following categories: Elementary, Middle School and High School
- Entry requirements:
- Any artistic medium (except oil paintings)
- If submitting a poster, use 11 X 14 inch poster board, art paper, foam core board, etc. (DO NOT ADD A MAT BORDER/FRAME)
- The “Keep Lubbock Beautiful” logo must be incorporated somewhere in the artwork (either discreetly or prominent)
- Include the following information with the artwork- please print:
- Name of artist
- Grade level
- Name of School/Club if applicable
- Art Teacher or Point of Contact 1) name 2) email 3) phone number
- Deadline for all entries: April 2, 2021
Location to drop off the entries: City of Lubbock Sanitation building at 208 Municipal Drive, Room 205
- Monetary Prizes, Certificates, Marketing on Solid Waste Equipment (i.e. truck and/or dumpsters)
A winner from each age group will be chosen to receive a $100 prize. From these top three recipients one will be chosen to have their artwork featured on the side of a City of Lubbock Solid Waste truck!
- Use of entry designs: Submitted designs may be used for the City of Lubbock, Keep Lubbock Beautiful promotional items, City News Channel, Keep Lubbock Beautiful website, etc.
- Questions: Contact Del Rio Mullen, Keep Lubbock Beautiful Liaison (806) 775-3149, email@example.com – The City reserves the rights to revise this program at any time.
(News release from the City of Lubbock)