LUBBOCK, Texas — Firefighters battled as house fire late Sunday morning in East Lubbock.

The fire was reported just after 11:30 a.m. in the 3400 block of East 4th Street.

According to a Lubbock Fire Rescue spokesperson, units arrived on scene and found roughly half of the home engulfed in fire.

Multiple fire crews were able to extinguish the house fire.

LFR said there were two adults inside the home, but they were able to escape.

No injuries were reported, and the Red Cross was assisting the two occupants.

LFR said on Monday the Lubbock Fire Marshal’s Office’s classified the fire as accidental.

The report said space heater was too close to combustibles or it malfunctioned. It also said an occupant could have fallen asleep with a cigarette.