LFR responds to house fire in South Lubbock Sunday afternoon

Local News

(Nexstar Media Group/EverythingLubbock.com Staff)

LUBBOCK, Texas — Lubbock Fire Rescue crews were dispatched to a house fire in South Lubbock Sunday afternoon.

The fire was reported around 4:40 p.m. in the 2400 block of 88th Street.

The home’s attic and garage were damaged by the fire and interior of the home was damaged by smoke, LFR told EverythingLubbock.com.

Fire Marshals said the fire was caused by a hot charcoal chimney starter that was stored too close to combustibles in the garage.

There were no injuries in the fire, LFR said.

Copyright 2021 Nexstar Media Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.

News Highlights

More News Highlights

Don't Miss

Event Calendar