LUBBOCK, Texas — Lubbock Fire Rescue responded to a backyard fire in the 3300 block of 79th Street Saturday afternoon.
The call came in around 2:00 p.m. on Saturday. Heavy smoke was visible in the area of the fire. Watch a video of the fire from EverythingLubbock.com’s towercam below.
The fire started when someone disposed of hot grilling charcoals near a fence, and the fence caught fire. The home was not affected, but a shed received minor damage.
LFR would like to remind citizens to properly dispose of grilling charcoals in a non-combustible container, douse the coals with water until cool, and store the container away from anything that could catch on fire.