The following is a press release from the City of Lubbock
LUBBOCK, Texas (PRESS RELEASE) — The Lubbock Police Department and Lubbock Fire Rescue announce the names of the officer and firefighters involved in the fatal crash on North Interstate 27 shortly after 8 a.m. today [Saturday].
27-year-old Officer Nicholas Reyna served with the Lubbock Police Department for one year. Following the academy, he served on patrol during the day shift.
39-year-old Lieutenant/Paramedic Eric Hill served with Lubbock Fire Rescue for ten years. Eric had promoted to lieutenant in July 2019 and was stationed at Fire Station 10B.
The injured firefighter who remains in critical condition is 30-year-old Firefighter/Paramedic Matt Dawson. He has been with the department for five years. Matt Dawson is stationed at Fire Station 2A.
(Press release from City of Lubbock)
- Several injuries reported in major crash Saturday morning in far North Lubbock
- Lubbock firefighter, police officer killed while working crash on Interstate 27
- Watch replay, press conference — Lubbock first responders killed in crash
- Reaction from others: LFR and LPD officers killed in crash Saturday morning
- LPD and LFR Release Names of Killed and Injured First Responders