LUBBOCK, Texas (NEWS RELEASE) — The following is a news release from the Lubbock County Sheriff’s Office:
On June 20, 2020, at approximately 6:00 p.m., a Sheriff’s deputy working security in full uniform at Walmart on Quaker Ave & South Loop 289, when he approached a shoplifter.
The deputy made several verbal commands to get the individual to stop. Once a second deputy arrived deputies attempted to apprehend the suspect who fought deputies pulled out a knife stabbing both deputies. The suspect was able to flee the scene running Northbound across the loop.
A third deputy arrived was able to render aid to both deputies with the help of several good Samaritans. Both deputies were taken to an area hospital by EMS.
As of last night one deputy has been released from the hospital, the second deputy still remains
in the hospital.
The suspect, Miko Devon Butler was taken into custody at approximately 10:30 p.m., after a manhunt that lasted several hours. Butler was taken to the hospital for medical attention after
suffering a K-9 bite.
(News release from the Lubbock County Sheriff’s Office)
Two Deputies Attacked, Related Stories:
- Two officers stabbed Saturday evening along South Loop, eyewitnesses say
- Deputies stabbed with knife, suspect info released by LCSO
- Man arrested after search for suspect accused of stabbing, wounding two officers
- LCSO provides update on condition of deputies stabbed in Saturday incident
- Shoplifting led to attack on two officers, warrant said, suspect recognized by his own grandmother