LUBBOCK, Texas —  Daytron Deon Hood, 22, was arrested Saturday in Hall County for a Lubbock murder.  He was wanted for the April 10 shooting death of Tyshaun Bates, 20, in the 4600 block of 50th Street.  

An arrest warrant said Bates was selling marijuana from his apartment.  A woman identified as Lisa Marie Morales, 24, dropped by and said she didn’t quite have enough money, so she would go back to her car for more.

“Once she stepped out of the apartment, two armed masked men stormed into the apartment,” the warrant said. 

“She heard a gunshot,” the warrant said.  Police found Morales, and she did talk at first. 

“[Morales] admitted not calling the authorities nor calling to check on Tyshaun,” the warrant said. “[She] got upset during the interview and stormed out.”

Hood was not the trigger-man, according to the warrant.  Instead, it was Morales’ boyfriend who pulled the trigger.  He has not yet been arrested.  

Last week, police said they were looking for two murder suspects.  Police have not released the name of the second murder suspect. 

On Thursday, police said Quawnard Williams was arrested for assault, not murder. (See police statement below.) Williams is not the remaining suspect on the run.  

Morales was arrested for aggravated robbery, not murder.  However, police said the robbery charge was related to the murder case.  

About a week after the murder, a Lubbock law firm donated $5,000 for reward money – brining the total Crime Line reward to $10,000. There is no word yet on whether the reward has been paid. Crime Line tips are anonymous, so the name of the person who gets the money will never be released, but Crime Line will sometimes reveal that a reward was paid.

The following is a press release from the Lubbock Police Department: 

Daytron Hood, 22, is in custody and charged with the murder of 20-year-old Tyshaun Bates. Two others, 24-year-old Lisa Morales and 22-year-old Quawnard Williams, were also arrested and charged with aggravated robbery in connection to the murder.

On April 10th, Lubbock police officers responded to the Lubbock Square Apartments in the 4600 block of 50thStreet for reports of shots fired. Officers located Bates with life threatening injuries inside his apartment. He was later pronounced deceased at the hospital.

Detectives with the Metropolitan Special Crimes Unit immediately began an investigation into the murder. Based on the initial investigation, it appears Bates was shot during a robbery.

On April 17th, investigators secured an arrest warrant for murder for Hood, and two aggravated robbery warrants for Morales and Williams.

Williams has been in the Lubbock County Detention Center since April 15th after being arrested by Texas Anti-Gang (TAG) Center investigators for a different aggravated robbery case.

On April 20th, Hood was arrested in Memphis, Texas during a traffic stop by the Hall County Sheriff’s Office. Hood was brought back to Lubbock on Wednesday, April 24th.

Morales was arrested by Lubbock police officers on Tuesday, April 23rd in the 5000 block of Avenue W.

This murder remains under investigation by the Metro Special Crimes Unit, a joint partnership between the Lubbock Police Department and Lubbock County Sheriff’s Office.