Lubbock Fire Rescue responded to a fire in the 2500 block of 70th Street Tuesday afternoon. Flames could be seen coming from the house when firefighters first arrived.
LFR said the Lubbock Fire Marshal’s office ruled the cause of the fire as accidental and was “due to improper use of extension cords which overloaded circuits.”
The fire was within view of the KAMC/KLBK tower cam at 7403 South University. Firefighters had the blaze knocked down very quickly after they arrived.
A reporter with EverythingLubbock.com saw firefighters and EMS doing CPR on someone at the scene. Officials said four people were in the home, including a grandfather, a daughter and a granddaughter. Another woman left the house on her own to seek medical treatment.
LFR said the 16-year-old’s TV went out, and when the girl went to check another room, it was on fire.
LFR confirmed that serious injuries were reported. The fire was officially reported at 3:10 p.m.