The following is a news release from Texas Tech University:
Texas Tech University departments and organizations will host events and provide resources throughout finals to help students relax, stay healthy and prepare for exams.
Zen Day on Dead Day
- 10 a.m. to 9 p.m. Thursday (Dec. 6), Robert H. Ewalt Student Recreation Center (the Rec), Room 121
- Hosted by Recreational Sports
- Students are invited to attend free yoga and mind/body classes to relax before finals.
Contact: Scott Layher, (806) 834-4543 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Study at the SUB, open 24 hours for finals
- Thursday through Tuesday (Dec. 6-11), Student Union Building (SUB)
- Hosted by Student Union & Activities
- Students are invited to attend free events and study at the SUB. All rooms not considered large meeting rooms will be taken offline and are free to use for studying. All meeting rooms will have tables and chairs for students to study. Students also may use the third-floor collaboration space.
Schedule of events for Study at the SUB:
Free midnight breakfast
- Midnight, Thursday, Friday and Sunday (Dec. 6, 7 and 9), SUB Food Court
- Students are invited for free pancakes and sausage.
Free scantrons and blue books
- Midnight to 7 a.m. and 5-7 p.m. Thursday-Friday (Dec. 6-7) and Sunday-Tuesday (9-11), Main Info Desk and East Info Desk (5-7 p.m. only)
- Free scantrons and blue books will be available for students.
Free coffee and Donuts
- Midnight to 3 a.m. Monday-Tuesday (Dec. 10-11), CopyMail Area and 10 p.m. to 8 a.m. Monday-Tuesday (Dec. 10-11), Main Info Desk
- Every night throughout finals, students can get free coffee and donuts.
Free study break movie
- 9 p.m. Saturday (Dec. 8), SUB Ballroom
- Students can watch “Night School” starring Tiffany Haddish and Kevin Hart. Limited seating is available.
Contact: Jon Mark Bernal, (806) 834-2963 or email@example.com
- 10 p.m.- midnight Thursday (Dec. 6), The Fresh Plate at Bledsoe/Gordon and the Commons at Talkington Hall
- Hosted by Hospitality Services
- Students who hold on-campus dining plans are invited to eat free pancakes and sausage links at the above locations. Commuter dining plans and visitors will pay a guest rate.
Contact: Alan Cushman, (806) 742-1360 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Dog Days of Finals
- 5:30-7:30 p.m. Friday (Dec. 7) and 11 a.m. to 1 p.m. Saturday (Dec. 8), Croslin Room, University Library
- Hosted by University Libraries
- De-stress from final exams by playing with furry friends from the South Plains Obedience Training Club. Certified therapy dogs will visit Texas Tech to help students relax while studying for finals.
Contact: Julie Barnett (806) 834-0718 or email@example.com
(News release from Texas Tech University)