LUBBOCK, Texas (NEWS RELEASE) — The following is a news release from The United Family:
United Supermarkets will resume hosting COVID–19 vaccination clinics at United Supermarkets Arena the first week of May. The first clinic will be on Tuesday, May 4 from 12:00 p.m. to 5:00 p.m. The clinic will once again offer the single-dose Johnson & Johnson vaccine to anyone 18 and older.
Additional clinic opportunities will be on May 10, 12 and 13 from 2:00 p.m. to 7:00 p.m. at the United Supermarkets Arena.
Those interested in receiving a vaccine can use the scheduler link below to make an appointment for expedited service at any of the scheduled clinics. Walk-up appointments will also be available.
Guests without internet access can call 866-277-2843 to make an appointment. Individuals needing disability accommodations for this event should also call 866-277-2843. Those wishing to receive a vaccine at the clinic will need to fill out a consent form prior to or upon arrival at the clinic.
Here are some things guests can do once vaccinated, according to the CDC:
- Visit with other fully vaccinated people indoors without wearing masks or physical distancing
- Visit with unvaccinated people from a single household who are at low risk for severe COVID-19 disease indoors without wearing masks or physical distancing
- Refrain from quarantine and testing following a known exposure if asymptomatic
- Resume domestic travel and refrain from testing before or after travel or self-quarantine after travel
- Refrain from testing before leaving the United States for international travel (unless required by the destination) and refrain from self-quarantine after arriving back in the United States — This could also open the opportunity for study abroad programs to resume in the future
The clinic is a partnership of the Texas Tech University Health Sciences Center, Texas Tech University and United Supermarkets. For more information about COVID-19 and vaccine guidance, please refer to this CDC site.
About The United Family®
In its 105th year of operation, United Supermarkets, LLC – d.b.a. The United Family® – is a Texas-based grocery chain with stores in 54 communities in Texas and New Mexico. A self-distributing company with headquarters and distribution centers in Lubbock, The United Family currently operates 95 stores under five unique banners: United Supermarkets, Market Street, Amigos, Albertsons Market and United Express, along with ancillary operations R.C. Taylor Distributing, Praters, United Food and Beverage Services and Llano Logistics. The company is a wholly-owned subsidiary of Albertson’s LLC. For more information, please visit www.theunitedfamily.com.
(News release from The United Family)